Landcare Property Maintenance began trading in 1992 specialising in landscaping, artificial grass, civil restorations, landscape maintenance, street furniture, gates & fencing. We are located in Craigieburn, Victoria, Australia.
Landcare Property Maintenance has a strong commitment to the environment and we have endeavoured to run our business following these beliefs. We strive to continue to make improvements throughout the business and to reduce our impact on the environment. Our company sees our environmental responsibilities extend far beyond our own backyard and we intend to educate our customers and suppliers about the benefits of being environmentally responsible.
Our Sustainability Policies
Climate change is perhaps the most significant threat our world is facing. It has motivated us to educate our customers and suppliers on such things as renewable sources of energy for heating, efficient watering practices, recycling water, recycling pots and labels, biodegradable pots, recycle materials and other sustainable practices. Our core business is providing exceptional landscaping services to a wide range of commercial and residential properties.
To complement our company’s contribution to our environment, we are implementing the following:
- To comply with and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice for environmental sustainability.
- To cultivate and foster strong relationships within Australia and around the world with other individuals and organisations who share our environmental concerns, values and practices. By doing this we hope to lessen the impact of pollution on our world.
- To ensure our staff adhere to all Sustainability Policies and Practices.
- To make our customers and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policies and Practices and encourage them to adopt similar Policies and Practices.
- To support businesses who have also implemented similar Environmental/Sustainability Policies and Practices.
- Green procurement practices – utilising recycled products in our office environment and outdoors.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- We find ways to incorporate and reuse products.
- Reduce impervious surfaces.
Our Sustainability Practices
We at Landcare Property Maintenance are committed to reducing our own carbon footprint in addition to supplying products that will also reduce the end user’s carbon footprint. We endeavour to do this by:
- Practising and promoting product recycling – utilising recycled products, waste minimisation, ‘Reduce and Reuse’.
- Sustainable production and reduced energy consumption.
- Reducing our energy footprint by utilising the latest communication technologies eg: email
- Plastic trays, labels and pots are also recycled where possible.
- Green waste recycled.
- Paper and cardboard recycled.
- Using recycled, environmentally friendly, or sustainable materials for all our in house correspondence.
- Reducing our lighting to the minimum required. No lights on in rooms without people, and lights out at the end of the day.
- Making our Sustainability Policies and Practices available to our customers.
- We reduce, reuse and recycle everything we possibly can.
- Supporting businesses that have implemented environmental sustainability strategies.
- The utilisation of Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Focus on transport efficiencies and sustainability options.
- To implement sustainable land use policies and procedures.
- Focus on information (computer) efficiency.
- Reduce any chemical usage within the nursery.
- Use renewable media for planting (soil mixes).
- Lower costs and improve productivity.
- To continually strive to improve our own sustainability performance.
- Find ways to preserve existing plants
- We consider the origin and fate of all materials by using local suppliers
We encourage our customers, partners, suppliers and business associates to implement and promote these actions throughout our industry.
We have chosen to improve our environmental performance and contribute to a healthier environment for present and future generations.
Today the community, customers and staff are seeking higher and higher standards of environmental accountability, we need to respond to these demands for sustainability to ensure future growth and prosperity.
‘We strive to supply a quality landscaping solutions while continuing to reduce our impact on the environment.’